Gblogger

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Postmodern Response

How is your project a postmodern work? 




Modernists liked to be pure in their use of  their medium. My project doesn't use just one medium.  I am using photography and alternative digital print methods.  Postmodernists are more open to the use of  a variety of many different sources, media, and imagery.  Unlike postmodernists, modernists liked works that were not of ordinary people, objects,  events and etc. I shoot ordinary people for my project. If I were a modernist I would shoot only famous and rich people.   Postmodernist are skeptical and critical of their times, while modernists didn't create works that would question their times.  My works postmodern because my work questions where the presence of African Americans in film noir. It also questions how much violence kids see. For my project I shot my little cousins as well.  I gave them directions but the fell into poses by themselves. I told one act like the bad guy,  other your the  detective, and the last one you are the victim.  They picked the weapon, and i did not. My cousins immediately picked a toy gun as their weapon of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment